Are you Windows-7 loving User? Ever felt that windows is bit slugging and is not working to your mark and expectations? Its your time to speed up Windows 7 Computer. It is possible by few system tweaks and configurations. Hardware up-gradation is not the only solution every time.
If your computer configuration just supports Windows-7 but not enough to make fullest use of it. You can always prefer Performance over Appearance while you work. Computer performance must be good in all areas and it very important.
How to Speed Up Windows 7 Computer? Below are the few steps which you can always prefer for performance:
1.Performance Over Appearance Modification
Let’s start with optimizing your computer to its maximum performance, regardless of the useless appearance of the computer.
- Right-click on the Computer icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab and select the Settings button in the Performance section.
- Then in the Visual Effects tab, click on Adjust for best performance and select OK.
Configure the settings of your folder options for faster search activities and faster opening of documents and applications on Windows Explorer. It’s the next level for speeding up, my friend!
- Open Windows Explorer and go to Organize.
- Select Folder and Search Options and click the View tab.
- Then disable the following.
- Display file size information in folder tips
- Hide extensions for known file types
- Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color
- Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items
3.Going Down to 16 Bit for a Faster Computer System
This makes your computer over-qualified for your system, and making it lighter, as well as improving your web browsing experience!
- Right-click on the Desktop and select Graphics Properties
- Change the current Color depth to 16 Bit and Click OK
4.Let’s Start Up Our System Quickly
Usually, many applications automatically activate at start up, even though you don’t needed them to. This easy step will guide you to choose the programs that should be run during the startup of your computer.
- Type msconfig to Start menu search bar and select msconfig.exe
- Go to Startup tab and disable the unnecessary programs that automatically activate at start up
- Then select OK.
5.Silence for Speed
Sound is unnecessary during the startup and shutting down of your system. It’s better off to save time and to speed up your system. Follow this quick step and your system will speed up like a silent wind!
- Open Control Panel and select Sound applet.
- Click Sounds tab and choose No Sounds from Sound Scheme Section.
- Then click OK.
These are just simple steps to speed up windows 7 users. But you also need to follow maintenance and proper manipulating your system and data. Don’t forget these following steps, also:
- Defrag the hard disk regularly
- Install only necessary software
- Use the latest device drivers
- Keep your Windows up to date.
- Update your Antivirus Database and Software
- Make all your folders organized in your hard disk.
You have just learned How to Speed Up Windows 7.